Job Description – Call Center Agent
Call Center Agent is part of a supportive, customer service oriented team that:
- Exceeds our customer’s expectations by providing top notch customer service.
- Engages in real-time troubleshooting with customers to resolve technical issues.
- Educates Amtel Ltd customers about the use of products and additional service opportunities.
- Maximize opportunities to sell additional or upgraded services to customers as available, while providing a quality customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work in an energetic call center environment answering inbound customer calls concerning inquiries about one or more Amtel Ltd products.
- Trouble shoot the root cause of customer problems and identify the action required (using company databases, customer information, and collaboration with other departments) to resolve issue and schedule service appointments when necessary.
- Provide total customer service by asking questions and listening to customers in order to understand their needs, requests, or problems while identifying sales and up-selling opportunities that will drive additional revenue for the company.
- Meet monthly key performance metrics for promoting and selling products and services that align to our customer’s needs
- Build customer loyalty by placing follow-up calls to customers after receiving acknowledgment of action taken by other Amtel Ltd departments.
- Keep customer informed about progress by checking the status of work orders in customer record system.
- Provide seamless customer experience through documenting call details and new account information into the computer system and completing any forms required to request action by other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or College Certificate/Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 6 months work experience providing service directly to customers.
- 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting.
- 6 or more months experience troubleshooting basic hardware, software, and/or connectivity issues.
- 6 or more months experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals.
- Keen aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a customer service role, not specific to just Call Center.
- Enthusiastic and personable, with the ability to adapt and thrive in constant change.
- Previous telecommunications experience.
Reports to: Customer Care Manager